Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies
|Butter/Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Melt butter or shortening and chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Remove from heat.
2. Mix in sugar thoroughly.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. In a small bowl, dissolve soda in milk.
5. Mix and sift together the flour, salt and baking powder onto stout paper.
6. Add the dry goods to the sugar mixture alternately with milk, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
7. Grease baking sheets lightly, then drop batter in teaspoonfuls onto greased sheets.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350°F.
9. Cool on a rack.
10. When cooled, frost with any chocolate icing.