French Almond Macaroons With Vanilla
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground blanched almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||6 Tablespoon|
1. Whip egg whites until they hold stiff points.
2. Mix together the sugar, ground almonds and cornstarch thoroughly.
3. Fold them into the whipped whites, with the vanilla.
4. Place the mixture in a forcing bag with a 1/2 inch nozzle.
5. Pipe onto unglazed paper or baking parchment in 1 1/2 -inch rounds, piping from the center in circles.
6. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 325°F until firm and light fawn.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1067 Calories from Fat 454
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 97.8 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 104.1 g
Protein 30 g59.3%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C
Calcium 24.3% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet