French Almond Macaroons With Vanilla
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground blanched almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||6 Tablespoon|
1. Whip egg whites until they hold stiff points.
2. Mix together the sugar, ground almonds and cornstarch thoroughly.
3. Fold them into the whipped whites, with the vanilla.
4. Place the mixture in a forcing bag with a 1/2 inch nozzle.
5. Pipe onto unglazed paper or baking parchment in 1 1/2 -inch rounds, piping from the center in circles.
6. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 325°F until firm and light fawn.