Cinnamon-Clove Oatmeal Cookies
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Simmer the raisins in the water for 1 minute. Put aside to cool.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Beat in egg.
4. Dissolve soda in 2 tablespoons raisin liquid, and add to mixture.
5. Sift together the flour, salt and spices.
6. Mix into beaten mixture in 3 portions, blending thoroughly after each addition.
7. Stir in oats.
8. Drain and stir in raisins.
9. Drop mixture in teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 425°F. Cool on a rack.