Basic Sugar Cookies
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, softened (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Caster)|
|Vanilla flavoring/Lemon flavoring||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Mix or beat together the butter, sugar, egg and your chosen flavoring.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, and stir into beaten mixture to make a soft dough.
3. Chill for 2 hours.
4. Roll out 1/4 inch thick.
5. Cut into rounds with fluted 3-inch cutter or into other shapes.
6. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes (single cookies) at 400°F until light gold.