Basic Refrigerator Cookies
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) In a bowl, combine and cream the shortening till soft.
3) Gradually add in the sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
4) Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat till well blended.
5) Mix together and sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
6) Stir into the creamed mix, and mix well.
7) Divide the dough into half.
8) Separately shape each half into a roll of 3 inches diameter.
9) Wrap in waxed paper.
10) Refrigerate for several hours.
11) Slice into slices of 1/8 inch thickness.
12) Arrange the slices on a baking sheet.
13) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for 8 minutes.
14) Remove from sheet immediately.
15) Serve with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee!