Brazil Nut Swedish Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brazil nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely-chopped|
|Brazil nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the vanilla and egg yolk and beat well.
3) Combine and sift together the flour and salt.
4) Add into the creamed mix and blend well.
5) Shape into ¾-inch-diameter balls.
6) Coat with unbeaten egg white and lightly coat with Brazil nuts.
7) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
8) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for about 15 minutes, or till delicately browned.
9) Take off from the baking sheet immediately.
10) Serve as a tea time snack.