Filled Banana Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Confectioner sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Mashed banana||1 Medium (3 Tablespoon)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioner sugar||2 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Finely chopped crystallized ginger||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cream butter until creamy, add confectionerâ€™s' sugar slowly, and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Blend in mashed banana, vanilla and salt.
3. Lightly beat in flour, then almonds.
4. Wrap dough in waxed paper and chill for 2 hours.
5. With floured hands, shape rounded teaspoonfuls into small balls. Place well apart on ungreased baking sheets.
6. Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F until pale fawn.
8. Cool on the sheets, then sandwich with filling.
9. For the filling, soften the cheese.
10. Beat it until creamy, adding the sugar while beating.
11. Stir in the chopped ginger.