Almond Refrigerator Cookies
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sifted flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Toasted almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
1) In a bowl, combine shortening and sugars and cream till light and fluffy.
2) Add in and beat the egg and vanilla.
3) Combine and sift the flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon.
4) Blend into the creamed mix.
5) Add in the almonds and mix well.
6) Shape into two long rolls of 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
7) Wrap in a waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours.
8) Cut into 1/8 inch thick slices.
9) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
10) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
11) Serve as a tea time snack.