Oatmeal Chocolate Squares
|Quick cooking rolled oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Crunchy peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In large bowl, combine oats, sugar and wheat germ and cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
2. Stir in corn syrup and in ungreased 8-inch (2 liter) square baking dish spread the mixture.
3. Microwave at High, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stir well and press down firmly with dampened fork.
4. Microwave at High for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes longer or until bubbly.
5. To make the topping in a 2-cup (500 milliliter) measure, combine chocolate chips with peanut butter.
6. Microwave at Medium-High (70%) for 1-1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring halfway through.
7. Stir well spreading evenly over warm base.
8. Let cool before cutting into small squares.
9. Serve squares along with beverages or use as snacks.