Lemony Rhubarb Glories
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce/Rhubarb - 1 cup, finely diced||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar together.
3) Cut in the margarine with a pastry blender and mix well until the mixture is crumbly.
4) In a greased 8-inch square pan, press the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5) In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons flour, then beat them into eggs.
6) Add the lemon peel, lemon juice, rhubarb sauce or rhubarb, coconut and vanilla, blend well.
7) Pour the mixture over the hot baked crust and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan.
9) Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and slice into small squares for cookies or in larger pieces for dessert.
10) Top the pieces with the whipped cream, if desired and serve immediately.