|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, place the sugar and the shortening. Mix this well till it is soft and fluffy
2. Add egg and sugar to the bowl and beat well again
3. In a large bowl, place the flour, soda, and cream or tartar. Mix well
4. Add this to the creamed mixture and mix well
5. Roll this into small balls that are the size of walnuts
6. Dip each ball into water and roll the top half of the ball in sugar
7. Place the sugar dipped section pointing upward on the greased cookie sheet
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
9. Serve hot immediately.