Holiday Fruit Cookies
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sour milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Broken pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Candied cherry halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dates||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
1) Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2) Preheat the oven at 400°F.
3) In a bowl, combine and cream the shortening and sugar till light and fluffy.
4) Add in the eggs and milk and beat well.
5) Sift together the flour, soda, and salt.
6) Add into the creamed mix and blend well.
7) Add in the remaining ingredients.
8) Scoop and drop from a teaspoon onto the baking sheet.
9) Place in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
10) Serve with warm milk.