Holiday Fruit Cookies
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sour milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Broken pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Candied cherry halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dates||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
1) Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2) Preheat the oven at 400°F.
3) In a bowl, combine and cream the shortening and sugar till light and fluffy.
4) Add in the eggs and milk and beat well.
5) Sift together the flour, soda, and salt.
6) Add into the creamed mix and blend well.
7) Add in the remaining ingredients.
8) Scoop and drop from a teaspoon onto the baking sheet.
9) Place in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
10) Serve with warm milk.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8726 Calories from Fat 3030
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 349 g537.5%
Saturated Fat 69.4 g347%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 3679.8 mg153.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1380 g460.1%
Dietary Fiber 56.7 g226.9%
Sugars 900.3 g
Protein 92 g183.8%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 72.8% Iron 168%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet