Nettie Hanna's Drop Cookies
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soda||1 Teaspoon, dissolved in 1 tablespoon of warm water|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed|
|Walnut pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream together the butter and sugar.
3) Add the eggs to the mixture and blend well.
4) Add the soda and water mixture.
5) Combine together the spices, salt and flour.
6) Add the raisins to the flour mixture.
7) Blend together the creamed butter mixture and the flour mixture.
8) Add the walnuts.
9) Onto a liberally greased cookie sheet, drop the batter by teaspoonfuls.
10) Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
11) Serve as preferred.