Orange Bran Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Combine and cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3) Beat in the eggs.
4) Add in the bran and grated orange rind.
5) Combine and sift together flour and baking powder.
6) Add into the orange mix and blend well.
7) Divide the dough into the half and shape into two rolls.
8) Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours.
9) With a very sharp knife, cut into tV inch thick slices.
10) Arrange on the baking sheet.
11) Place in the oven at 400° F and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
12) Serve as a snack.