|Unsweetened chocolate square||2|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sweet chocolate square||1|
|Confectioner’s sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Milk||5 Tablespoon (Hot)|
1) Grease a 2-quart glass baking dish.
2) In a bowl, combine chocolate and shortening and place in the oven to melt.
3) Slightly cool.
4) Beat in the sugar.
5) One at a time, add in the eggs, and beat well after each addition.
6) Combine and sift the flour and baking powder.
7) Add into the chocolate mix.
8) Add in the nuts and blend well.
9) Transfer into the baking dish.
10) Place in the oven at 325° F and bake for 35 minutes.
11) In a baking dish, mix together the unsweetened chocolate, sweet chocolate and butter and melt in the oven.
12) Combine sugar and hot milk.
13) Add into the chocolate mix.
14) Add in the vanilla and beat till thick enough to spread.
15) Spread over the baked squares.
16) Cut into squares or bars.
17) Can be served with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce!