Gum Drop Gems
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Gum drops||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Pour the milk all over the gum drops and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
3) Beat the egg, vanilla, sugar and shortening together.
4) To the mixture, add the gum drop mixture and then all the dry ingredients.
5) In a square greased pan, spread the concoction.
6) Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
7) While still warm, frost with vanilla icing.
8) Serve chilled or at room temperature. A good dessert for a children's party.