Chocolate Crown Cookies
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peppermint extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Combine and blend well the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
3) Add in the chocolate and beat well.
4) Combine and mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5) Add into the creamed mix and blend well.
6) Add in the milk and blend.
8) Lightly flour a board and roll out the dough to a 1/8 inch thickness.
9) Using a cutter, cut out crown shapes or rounds.
10) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
11) Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) 10 minutes.
12) Cream Vi cup of butter.
13) Add in the confectioners' sugar, milk, and peppermint extract. Mix well.
14) In a pastry tube or paper cone add in the icing.
15) Outline a crown on the round cookies, and decorate crown-shaped cookies as desired.