Sesame Oat Cookies
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), measured scoop and level|
|Non instant non fat milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currants/Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 350Â°.
2) Mix together flour, milk powder, oats, sesame seeds, currants, cinnamon and salt.
3) Put aside.
4) To the work bowl of the food processor(use metal blade,add almonds.
5) Blend until evenly chopped.
6) Take the almonds from the bowl and then add to flour mixture.
7) Into the work bowl,add egg, oil and honey.
8) Blend for 5 seconds.
9) Switch off the machine.
10) Remove the work bowl and cover with lid and empty the down sides of bowl.
11) Blend for an additional 10 seconds and empty the down sides of bowl.
12) Now add the dry ingredients all together.
13) Mix through 3-4 on/off pulses until just mixed.
14) Do not overblend.
15) Layer a cookie sheet with foil.
16) Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto foil, 1 inch apart,as these cookies do not spread.
17) Spread to flatten a little with back of spoon.
18) Bake for about 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
19) Transfer them to wire rack in order to cool.
20) Store in airtight container,serve when desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3375 Calories from Fat 1596
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 184 g282.4%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g122%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 218.1 mg72.7%
Sodium 740.3 mg30.8%
Total Carbohydrates 382 g127.3%
Dietary Fiber 50.1 g200.4%
Sugars 147.4 g
Protein 80 g160.2%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 20.7%
Calcium 131.3% Iron 139.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet