|Oats||2 Cup (32 tbs), ground|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Lard||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||65 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 375Â°F (190Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the oats, flour, salt and sugar to it.
3) Heat the butter and lard to melt them and add to the dry ingredient mixture, blending them well.
4) Take a bowl and mix the baking soda and hot water together.
5) Mix it to the main mixture along with the vanilla.
6) Fashion it into a roll and place in refrigerator after wrapping in wax paper.
7) Keep it chilled for a minimum of 1 hour.
8) Cut the roll into thin slices.
9) Take a cookie sheet and butter it.
10) Place the balls on the cookie sheet.
11) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes approximately.
12) Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4398 Calories from Fat 2200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 248 g381.6%
Saturated Fat 117 g585.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 387.5 mg129.2%
Sodium 1878.5 mg78.3%
Total Carbohydrates 492 g164.1%
Dietary Fiber 34.7 g139%
Sugars 201.2 g
Protein 64 g128%
Vitamin A 62.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 21.2% Iron 110%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet