Christmas Cinnamon Cookies
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (185 Gram)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Candied oranges||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Candied lemon peel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 375Â°F (190Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the sugar, spices, almonds, milk and butter, mixing them well.
3) Add salt and baking powder to the flour and sift it into the mixture.
4) Add the peel and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
5) Take a board and sprinkle flour on it.
6) Roll the dough out maintaining a thickness of 1/4 inch or 5 mm.
7) Cut it into required shapes.
8) Take a cookie sheet and butter it.
9) Place them on the cookie sheet.
10) Place in a pre-heated oven and bake for 7 minutes.
11) Serve as required.