Iced Ginger Cookies
|Butter||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
2) Take a saucepan and mix the sugar, molasses and butter, warming it on gentle heat.
3) Remove from flame and cream them by beating.
4) Add the baking soda, ginger and flour to make a dough, stiff in consistency.
5) Take a board and sprinkle flour on it.
6) Roll the dough out maintaining a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
7) Cut it into rounds.
8) Take a cookie tray and butter it placing the round shaped dough portions on it.
9) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes approximately.
10) Take a bowl and mix the water with confectionerâ€™s sugar.
11) Cool the cookies and spread icing on them.
12) Garnish with nuts or ginger bits.
13) Serve as required.