|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) In a bowl, combine and cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3) Add in the syrup and beat well.
4) Sift together the flour, spices, salt, pepper, and soda.
5) Add into the creamed mix, alternating with sour cream.
6) Mix well after each addition.
7) Divide the dough in half.
8) Shape into diamond-shaped strips.
9) Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours.
10) Cut into 1/8-inch slices and arrange on the baking sheet.
11) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
12) Serve lightly dusted with cinnamon.