Santa's Backpack Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Regular oats||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Crisp rice cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Candy coated chocolate pieces||2 Cup (32 tbs), Coated|
|Chopped unsalted roasted peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate morsels||6 Ounce (1 Package, 1 Cup)|
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and beat with an electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add the sugars, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
6. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla, beating well after each addition until well incorporated into the creamed mixture.
7. Add the flour mixture in batches and beat at a low speed until well blending to form a thick batter.
8. Fold in the oats, rice crispies, candy, chocolate morsels, peanuts and coconut flakes.
9. Use a tablespoon to drop the batter in heaps, onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 inch space between each.
10. Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and dry.
11. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden
12. Serve cookies warm with tea, coffee, hot chocolate or warm milk or at a children’s party
13. Pack them and include in your Christmas or Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies in a wax paper lined air tight container or jar, in a cool dry place.