Microwave Peanut Brittle
|Light corn syrup||125 Milliliter|
|Salted peanuts||250 Milliliter|
|Butter/Margarine||5 Milliliter (1 Can)|
|Baking soda||5 Milliliter|
1) Take a 2.5 L (10 cup) glass measure cup, add sugar and corn syrup and stir.
2) Microwave at HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes.
3) Put in peanuts; mix well.
4) Microwave at at HIGH for an additional 3 1/2 minutes.
5) Put in butter and vanilla, blend well.
6) Microwave at HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes.
7) Put in baking soda; mix gently until it is light and frothy.
8) Take a buttered cookie sheet, and immediately pour mixture over it.
9) Spread evenly and thinly.
10) Allow it to cool completely and break into small pieces.
11) Serve when needed or store in an air tight container.
Calories 728 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg0.9%
Sodium 623.5 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.5%
Sugars 73.6 g
Protein 10 g21%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 0.52%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet