|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Combine and cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3) Add in the orange rind, egg yolks, and orange juice and mix well.
4) Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5) Add into the creamed mix and mix well.
7) Lightly flour a board.
8) Taking little dough at a time, roll out to 1/8 inch thickness.
9) Cut in desired shapes.
10) Brush with beaten egg whites.
11) Combine the almonds and sugar and sprinkle over the cookies.
12) Arrange on the baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 7 to 8 minutes.
13) Serve as a snack.