|Butter/Regular margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Almond extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole blanched almonds||18|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
3. In large bowl, with portable electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, sugar, whole egg and almond extract until very light and fluffy.
4. On sheet of waxed paper, sift flour with soda and salt.
5. Beat into butter mixture until well combined.
6. Refrigerate dough for about one hour and it will be easier to handle.
7. Using hands, form dough into 18 balls about 1-1/4 inches in diameter.
8. Place on prepared cookie sheets, 3 inches apart to allow for spreading and flatten with hands to 1/4-inch thickness.
9. Using a fork beat egg yolk slightly with 1 tablespoon water and use to brush over tops of cookies.
10. Press almond into center of each and brush again with egg yolk.
11. Bake 15 minutes until light golden in color.
12. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool slightly, store in tightly covered glass jar or cookie tin and serve as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2648 Calories from Fat 1689
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g291.2%
Saturated Fat 92.6 g463.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 759.4 mg253.1%
Sodium 1266.3 mg52.8%
Total Carbohydrates 217 g72.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41%
Sugars 154.5 g
Protein 37 g73.1%
Vitamin A 93.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 32.6% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet