Gingerbread Cookies For Coffee
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Grease 2-3 cookie sheets with butter.
3. Onto wax paper or a medium-size dry bowl, sift together flour, spices, salt and soda.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup.
5. Beat with a wooden spoon until well blended, light and creamy.
6. Stir in sifted dry ingredients in batches, alternately adding milk to bind and make a soft but stiff dough.
7. Cover dough ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
8. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough with a floured rolling pin.
9. Use various shaped cookie cutters to cut out cookies.
10. Arrange the cookies on greased cookie sheets, keeping 1inch spacing between each.
11. Bake the cookies in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are golden at the edges and firm.
12. Remove from the oven, loosed with a spatula and slide cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
13. Store in an airtight container.
13. Serve the cookies plain, with tea, coffee or milk.
14. Decorate the cookies with colored frosting if you like.