|Shortening||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
1) Mix together and cream the shortening till fluffy.
2) Slowly add in the sugars and cream till light and fluffy.
3) Beat in the eggs.
4) Combine and sift the flour, soda, baking powder, and salt.
5) Stir into the creamed mix.
6) Add in the oats, walnuts, and coconut. Mix well.
7) Pinching out small amounts of dough, shape into walnut-sized balls.
8) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet, keeping 3 inches apart.
9) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, till golden.
10) Slightly cool on the baking sheet.
11) Place on a wire rack and cool.
12) Serve with fresh fruit.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6521 Calories from Fat 3425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 394 g606%
Saturated Fat 122.1 g610.4%
Trans Fat 33.7 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 2632.1 mg109.7%
Total Carbohydrates 713 g237.7%
Dietary Fiber 37.6 g150.6%
Sugars 415.7 g
Protein 75 g149.4%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 99.3% Iron 147.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet