|Shortening||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
1) Mix together and cream the shortening till fluffy.
2) Slowly add in the sugars and cream till light and fluffy.
3) Beat in the eggs.
4) Combine and sift the flour, soda, baking powder, and salt.
5) Stir into the creamed mix.
6) Add in the oats, walnuts, and coconut. Mix well.
7) Pinching out small amounts of dough, shape into walnut-sized balls.
8) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet, keeping 3 inches apart.
9) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, till golden.
10) Slightly cool on the baking sheet.
11) Place on a wire rack and cool.
12) Serve with fresh fruit.