Orange Pecan Cookies: Cookie Jar
|Our||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Zest of orange||1|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Softened butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Zest of orange||2|
|Orange juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift ﬂour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3. In a mixer or in a large bowl with a spatula cream 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar. Then add eggs, vanilla, zest of 1 orange and sour cream.
3. Stir in dry ingredients, blending well and add pecans.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.
Meanwhile make frosting:
5. In a bowl combine 2 tablespoons butter, zest of 2 oranges, orange juice and powdered sugar, mixing well until of spreading consistency.
6. Remove cookies from oven. While still warm, place 1/4 teaspoon frosting on each cookie.
7. As frosting melts. Use spoon to frost the tops of the cookies.
8. Serve with your favorite beverages and enjoy!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6533 Calories from Fat 2315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 268 g411.9%
Saturated Fat 111.3 g556.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 849 mg283%
Sodium 2780.7 mg115.9%
Total Carbohydrates 995 g331.7%
Dietary Fiber 27.4 g109.6%
Sugars 712 g
Protein 64 g129%
Vitamin A 116.4% Vitamin C 191.8%
Calcium 86.4% Iron 128.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet