These delightful almond cookies remind me of the ones served at the Japanese Tea Gardens in San Francisco!
1 Cup (16 tbs), softened
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or more for garnishing)
1. Preheat to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixer, cream butter, sugar and salt. Beat for 3 minutes, until ﬂuffy.
3. In a small bowl, mix egg and almond extract together.
4. Add egg mixture into mixer and beat until well combined.
5. At low speed, gradually add ﬂour and beat until just mixed.
6. Use small cookie scoop and drop dough onto baking sheet. Gently press in 1 whole almond into each cookie.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, just until edges begin to get golden. Remove from baking sheet and cool on rack
8. Serve with hot tea or your choice of beverages and enjoy!
Kids love 'em! This is a fine video illustrating how to prepare almond flavor shortbread cookies. A great tea time snack and an all- time favorite among the little ones. Baked to perfection, these are not over cooked and remain very chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside. Keep it in your cookie jar and watch it disappear in a jiffy.