Jam Filled Shortbread Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (apricot, strawberry, raspberry, any jam of your choice)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In mixer or mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy for about 2 minutes.
2. Then beat in the milk and vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix until just combined well.
3. On plastic wrap, divide the dough into 3 equal pieces and shape into logs. Wrap the logs up in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 ̊F.
5. Once the dough is chilled, place the logs of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. With your thumb, press
a well down the center of the dough. Use your other hand to keep the sides of the dough from spreading out too much or cracking.
5. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Then remove them from the oven and with the back of a spoon, press the well down again, should it have begun to puff during baking.
6. Fill each well with jam then place back in oven for 10 more minutes, just until the edges are brown and the jam is bubbly.
7. Remove parchment from baking sheet and let cookies cool on rack for about 15 minutes. Then use a knife to cut through the slices already made in the dough.
8. Before serving, you can dust the cookies with powdered sugar.