|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sifted flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Combine and cream the margarine and sugars till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3) Add in the vanilla.
4) Combine and sift the flour, salt, and soda.
5) Stir in the oats and walnuts.
6) Add into the creamed mix and blend well.
7) Shape into 2 rolls.
8) Wrap in a waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours.
9) Cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
10) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
11) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
12) Serve as a healthy snack.