|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Smooth peanut butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Mini chocolate chips/Sprinkles||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) Take a large bowl In it combine butter,brown and granulated sugars and whisk the batter lightly to incorporate air.
2) Now beat in eggs one at a time with vanilla,slowly fold in the above mixture.
3) Combine together flour, baking soda and salt and give a good stir and mix into butter mixture just until combined.Also stir in chocolate chips and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
4)Preheat the oven to the desired temperature.
5) Take 1-inch (2.5 cm) mounds on greased baking sheets,now add this mixture as tablespoonfuls say,15 mL into them.
6) Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
7) With the help of a melon bailer or small spoon, press indentation into each cookie. (Can be prepared to this point, frozen on sheet, then stored in layers between waxed paper in airtight container for up to 3 weeks; thaw to continue.)
8) To prepare the filling: In bowl,combine peanut butter, icing sugar and butter and beat together until smooth and now using a slotted spoon,add rounded teaspoonful (5 mL) into hollow of each cookie.
9) Transfer to rack and allow to cool. (Cookies can be stored in single layer in airtight container for up to 3 days.)
10)Garnish cookies with chocolate chips and serve as a snack with tea or coffee.
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.4 mg8.1%
Sodium 179.5 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.5% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet