|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla/Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
2. Onto a wax paper or into a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar
4. Use an electric beater or a wire whisk to cream the mixture until soft and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well until blended into the creamed mixture.
6. Stir in vanilla or almond extract
7. Add flour mixture, in batches, and bind into a stiff dough. .
8. Divide dough into two balls and cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chill and stiff about 20 minutes
9. Dust a work surface with flour and roll out one ball of dough into a sheet of 1/8 inch thickness.
10. Use various cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes.
11. Arrange cookies on baking sheets keeping 1 inch space between each
12. Bake cookies for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and firm.
13. Remove from oven, loosen cookies with spatula and slide onto a wire rack to cool. Repeat rolling, cutting and baking cookies with second ball of dough if you want.
14. Store cooled cookies in an wax paper lined air tight container.
15. Dust the cookies with power sugar or glaze with melted chocolate or preserves if you like or serve them plain with tea or coffee or a glass of warm milk.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3592 Calories from Fat 1403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 160 g245.6%
Saturated Fat 96.1 g480.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 810 mg270%
Sodium 2894.9 mg120.6%
Total Carbohydrates 490 g163.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.6%
Sugars 202.3 g
Protein 53 g105.7%
Vitamin A 99.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 89.3% Iron 113.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet