Melt Away Butter Cookies
|Butter||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), softened|
|Sifted powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Line 2-3 baking sheets with wax paper.
3. Preheat the oven to 325°F before baking
4. In a large mixing bowl, place the butter and beat it with an electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add sugar, beating until the mixture is light and creamy.
6. Blend in the vanilla and almond extracts and food coloring if using.
7. Add the flour to the creamed mixture in batches, beating at low speed until well blended into stiff dough.
8. Cover the dough with cling film and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until well rested and chilled.
9. Turn the dough out onto a flour dusted surface and knead lightly with your finger tips.
10. Roll dough out into a ¼ inch thick sheet and cut using cookie cutters of different shapes and sizes if desired
11. Arrange cookies on baking sheets, leaving 1 1/2 inch space between each.
12. Bake them in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden
13. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool.
14. Dust the cookies generously with powdered sugar using a dredger or a tea strainer or decorate them with icing if you like.
15. Serve them warm with tea or coffee.
Store baked cookies in a wax paper lined air tight container, in a cool dry place.
Calories 118 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 1.3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.4% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet