|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Food color||1 Drop (Red And Green)|
1) Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2) Cream butter with sugar and stir in vanilla and egg.
3) Sift flour with soda, cream of tartar, and salt and blend into the creamed mixture.
4) Shape dough into small balls.
5) In ungreased cookie sheet, place the dough.
6) Take small glass rod, dip the bottom in colored sugar, and flatten the cookies.
7) Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
8) Serve cookies with desired toppings.