Peanut Brittle Blondies
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely crushed peanut brittle||3 Cup (48 tbs) (About 14 Ounce)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
1. Grease a 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan with baking spray or butter and dust it with flour.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 325°F
4. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and butter.
5. Place on a low flame and melt, stirring.
6. Take off the heat and cool slightly then add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until well blended.
7. Add the flour mixture and stir to mix with the sugar mixture.
8. Fold in the peanut brittle and vanilla.
9. Turn the batter into the prepared tin and place in the preheated oven
10. Bake for about 25 minutes until crust is golden.
11. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.
12. Carefully invert brownies from pan.
13. Cut into squares, bars or diamonds.
14. Place in foil lined pastry cases and serve or wrap and include in food gift hampers.