|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Superfine sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Dredging)|
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Take 2 cookie sheets and grease with butter.
3. Using a wooden spoon, cream in butter.
4. Mix in sugar and cream to a fluffy, pale mixture.
5. Add sifted flour and using fingertips, knead gently to prepare a ball.
6. Transfer to a mildly floured surface and roll into a thickness of 1/8 inch.
7. With a 2.5 to 2.75 inch fluted, round pastry cutter, cut the cookies.
8. Using small metal spatula, transfer to cookies sheets, keeping 1 inch space between.
9. Using a fork, make two pricks on each of the cookie.
10. Place on or just above center shelf and bake till cookies get a faintly brown tint.
11. Take out, transfer to a wire rack and cool.
12. Dust cookies with superfine sugar and store in airtight container.
13. Serve as desired with a cup of hot coffee/tea.
The cookies remain unspoiled for 10 days.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2076 Calories from Fat 824
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.3%
Saturated Fat 58.5 g292.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.8 mg81.3%
Sodium 16.2 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 293 g97.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 150.4 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 56.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.7% Iron 48.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet