White Chocolate Dream Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Orange||2 Teaspoon, extract|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White chocolate morsels||1 Package (2 cups)|
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking
4. In a large mixing bowl, place the butter and beat it with an electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add the sugars, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
6. Blend in the egg, orange rind and extract, beating well until incorporated into the butter.
7. Add the flour mixture in batches, beating at low speed until well blended into thick batter.
8. Fold in the chocolate morsels
9. Drop the batter in heaps, using a tablespoon onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 inch space between each.
10. Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and dry.
11. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden
12. These cookies simply melt in the mouth when served warm with tea, coffee, hot chocolate or warm milk.
13. Pack them and include in your Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies in a wax paper lined air tight container or jar, in a cool dry place.