Real Peanut Butter Cookies
|Salted peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a food processor bowl fitted with a knife blade, process the peanuts for about 2 minutes into peanut butter.
3) Then add the shortening, sugar, egg, baking soda, vanilla and salt, then process for 20-30 seconds, until well blended.
4) Add the flour and pulse for 8-10 times, until just mixed.
5) Mix with hands, if required and shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
6) On ungreased cookie sheets, place and flatten the balls with a fork to 1/4-inch.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
8) Serve in a nice plate.