Frosted Ginger Cookies
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted confectioners' sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Pre heat the oven by setting it to 400° F
2) Take a bowl and mix sugar and margarine together, creaming them thoroughly until fluffy.
3) Add the eggs and blend them in.
4) Add the molasses stirring it in.
5) Add some boiling water and blend properly by stirring.
6) Sift the flour along with baking powder, soda, spices and salt.
7) Add it to the creamed sugar-margarine mixture and beat to blend thoroughly.
8) Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
9) Take a baking sheet and grease it.
10) Drop the mixture in it with the aid of a teaspoon.
11) Bake at a high temperature in a pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes.
12) Cool by placing them on a rack.
13) Take a bowl and add some confectioner’s sugar to the molten margarine, blending them well.
14) Add the lemon juice and rind and blend until smooth.
15) Coat the top of the ginger cookies with the frosting.
16) Serve cookies with frosting.