Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , unbeaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, sieve flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Put margarine into it and blend with pastry blender or with 2 knives until the mixture is thick as corn meal.
4. Put eggs and vanilla and stir well.
5. Refrigerate the dough for an hour.
6. Take a floured baking sheet, roll little quantities of dough to make the spread with 1/8 inch thickness.
7. Shape the cookies using a 4 inch cookie cutter.
8. Take a baking sheet, place the rounds on it, put sugar on the cookies and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
9. Once done, allow to cool.
10. Serve with tea/coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4111 Calories from Fat 1712
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 193 g296.3%
Saturated Fat 36.1 g180.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 1157.8 mg48.2%
Total Carbohydrates 541 g180.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 252.6 g
Protein 58 g116.2%
Vitamin A 169.8% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 51.4% Iron 115.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet