Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , unbeaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, sieve flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Put margarine into it and blend with pastry blender or with 2 knives until the mixture is thick as corn meal.
4. Put eggs and vanilla and stir well.
5. Refrigerate the dough for an hour.
6. Take a floured baking sheet, roll little quantities of dough to make the spread with 1/8 inch thickness.
7. Shape the cookies using a 4 inch cookie cutter.
8. Take a baking sheet, place the rounds on it, put sugar on the cookies and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
9. Once done, allow to cool.
10. Serve with tea/coffee.