|Shortening||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, add 3/4 cup sugar and shortening and beat well till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the aniseed and egg yolks.
3) Continue beating till well blended.
4) Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and add into the sugar mixture.
5) Add in 1/2 cup water and knead till well mixed.
6) Roll out the dough and cut with a cookie cutter.
7) In a bowl, add the desired amounts of cinnamon and additional sugar.
8) Add over the cookies.
9) Arrange on baking sheets.
10) Place in oven at 350-degrees, for 12 minutes, till well browned.
11) Store in an airtight container.
12) Serve as a tea time snack.