|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 250° F before baking.
2) Beat egg whites until they reach soft moist peak stage and slowly beat in sugar and salt.
3) Beating should be continued until mixture becomes thick and glossy and egg whites reach a peak stage.
4) Mix in vanilla, cocoa, and pecans to form a firm mixture.
5) Take buttered cookie sheets and drop the mixture from teaspoon onto it.
6) Bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven until kisses are somewhat dry and maintain their shape.
7) Remove the hot kisses from the pan and allow cooling on wire racks.
8) If desired, top with cherry and serve.
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 99.1 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 51.4 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet