|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 , grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Grease a cookie sheet or line with baking paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour with, with baking power. Keep aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar and range rind and beat using an electric beater or a wooden spoon, until light and creamy.
5. Blend in the egg, beating vigorously.
6. Add the flour and work into a batter, adding the orange juice alternately to bind.
7. Turn out on a flour dusted work surface and roll out into a thin sheet.
8. Use round cookie cutters to cut out the dough and arrange on the cookie sheet, leaving space between each.
9. Sprinkle with some sugar if you like
10. Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown
11. Remove and slide onto a wire rack and cool.
12. Serve along with tea or coffee.
This recipe makes soft cookies. If you like your cookies to be crisp, use 1/4 cup of orange juice while making the cookie dough.