|Granulated sugar||1 Pound (2 1/4 Cups)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1 Pound, grated|
|Whole almonds||1⁄2 Pound|
1) Preheat slow oven (300°F.)
2) In a bowl beat egg whites until foamy.
3) Mix granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, and beat for 30 minutes.
4) Add vanilla and grated nuts.
5) Refrigerate for several hours.
6) Drop each teaspoonful at a time onto unglazed paper on cookie sheets.
7) Place an almond into the center of each cookie.
8) Keep aside for a night.
9) Bake in oven for approximately 1 hour.
10) Serve warm or cold.