Popcorn Peanut Brittle
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted popped corn||1 Quart|
|Shelled peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), skinned|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a heavy saucepan, mix the sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt. Then stir over a low heat to dissolve the sugar.
3) Cook over a medium heat until a little syrup dropped in icy water separates into hard and brittle threads.
4) Turn off the heat and immediately stir in the butter and vanilla till the butter melts.
5) In a well-greased shallow pan, spread the popped corn and nuts, then place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6) Pour the syrup over the popcorn-nut mixture, then mix and spread the mixture thinly over a flat surface.
7) Allow to cool and break into pieces.
8) Serve in a nice plate.