|Peanut butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Peanut halves||5 (To Decorate)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Grease 2 baking sheets with the vegetable shortening.
3) Sift the baking soda and flour together and keep aside.
4) Cream the peanut butter, brown sugar and butter together until pale and fluffy.
5) Beat in the egg, stir in flour mixture and mix well to form a dough.
6) Shape into 1-inch balls, keep 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets, slightly flatten with a fork and press half peanut into the center.
7) Bake in the preheated oven the for 8-10 minutes, stand for 1 to 2 minutes and place on a wire rack to cool.
8) Serve when desired.