|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) Grease cookie sheets lightly with butter.
2) Preheat oven moderately to 375°F (190°C).
3) For the Electric Mixer Method cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar and cream together till fluffy.
5) Continue beating and add egg and almond extract.
6) In a large bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
7) Pour in the creamed mixture and blend well.
8) For the Food Processor Method, begin with creaming butter using the appropriate blade.
9) Beat sugar and cream together till fluffy.
10) While the processor is running add egg and almond extract and process well.
11) In a large bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
12) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
13) Knead dough and make balls 1" in diameter.
14) On the cookies sheets put the balls and press keeping edge round.
15) Put in preheated oven to bake for 12-15 minutes till golden.
16) Place in wire racks and cool.
17) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.