Deep Fried Sugar Cookies
|All purpose flour/Ready-made pancake mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon, made|
|Brown sugar/White sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (For Deep Drying)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together; stir in the egg, milk, sugar and salt to make a smooth dough.
2) On a cutting board, roll out the dough thinly and cut into 1/2 x 1/4-inch thin strips.
3) In a deep skillet, heat vegetable oil to 330 Deg F, fry each strip in the oil until evenly browned and drain out the excess oil.
4) In a saucepan, add the brown sugar and water over a medium heat, stir continuously until thick to prepare the icing.
5) Add the fried cookies into the saucepan with the sugar syrup and stir gently until all pieces are coated evenly; remove on a lightly greased aluminum tray and allow to cool.
6) Serve on a nice dish.